"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
For a perfectly flawless, even tan:
1 WEEK BEFORE THE SHOW
- Begin exfoliating gently in the shower everyday. Do not use harsh scrubs as they could cause scratches and the colour will adhere to those scratches making them very dark. We recommend using a loofah or exfoliating towel or glove with a sugar or sea salt scrub. Do not use exfoliators with oils in them.
- Hydrate with an oil-free moisturizer all over your body twice a day
- The better prepared your skin is, the better your tan will look and develop
24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Shave or Wax
DAY OF SPRAY TAN
- Shower one last time. Ensure that the body wash/soap you are using does not contain any oils or moisturizing ingredients
- Exfoliate your body gently one last time and make sure to rinse off thoroughly
- Do not put on any makeup, lotion, deodorant, cologne, perfume, before or after your spray tan application. These products will affect your tan and could turn the colour green
- Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark, loose fitting clothing such as an oversized T-shirt and loose gym/yoga drawstring pants made of soft cotton or polyester blend together with flip flops. Do not wear jeans, trainers or socks
- A typical 2-coat application will take about 10 minutes plus drying time. You will still feel slightly sticky for about an hour after the application until completely dry. We will dry you as much as possible
- After your tan, remain in a cool, dry environment
- Plan to sleep in your loose, oversized clothing until morning. Avoid skin-to-skin contact and be mindful how you sleep. For example, bending the arms can cause slight unevenness on the inner elbow
- Do not put on any deodorant, cologne or perfume until after you have rinsed off
DAY AFTER SPRAY TAN
- If you have slept with your tan on, you may rinse off or leave it on and we will spray your final tan over your 1st tan
PLEASE DISCUSS THE USE OF ANY OTHER TANNING PRODUCTS USED BEFORE YOU TAN WITH US. IT IS NOT GOOD TO MIX DIFFERENT BRANDED COMPETITION TANNING PRODUCTS. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POOR RESULTS OF YOUR TAN DUE TO MIXING OF PRODUCTS THAT WE ARE NOT AWARE OF.